High Performance Cylinderfor the Mold Oscillation
Position-controlled hydraulic linear drives Hydraulic linear drives allow the complete control of all oscillation variables during casting. Due to this control flexibility, different curve profiles may be applied to optimize the oscillation process. In addition, both, the stroke amplitude and the oscillation frequency, can be varied together with the casting speed during casting. The essential features of mold oscillation cylinders from Rexroth are extremely dynamic response characteristics, accuracy, a low friction coefficient and high capacity for absorbing side loads due to special support of the piston rod.
If no side loads occur, high-performance cylinders from Rexroth may be used as a cost-efficient alternative. With constant, pressure independent frictional values, which are definitely comparable to classic servo cylinder series, the modular kit with force rates of 16, 40, 63, 100 and 250 kN covers a wide range of applications in mold oscillation.
The price advantage gained due to a more cost-effective sealing and bearing concept compared to the series with pocket bearings, limits the technical usability only marginally. Primarily, the limited absorption of side loads, which may be caused by e. g. moved masses, own weight (depending on the installation position) and transverse acceleration occurring by interaction with other actuators, has to be taken into account.
The High Performance Cylinder series has a modular design. The modular kit providing five force levels and two pre-defined mounting styles, “trunnion” or “head flange”. In combination with standardized external or internal threads on the rod end a variable configuration of the cylinder can be realized, tailored to the specific mechanical interfaces. An integrated magnetostrictive displacement transducer for position sensing is available as an option. In its basic design, the High Performance Cylinder is generally equipped with a connection block providing the connection from the directional valve to the two cylinder chambers the SAE flange connections for the pressure supply and return flow to the tank.
Furthermore, the pressure accumulator in the pump port and the damping accumulator in the tank port as well as measuring points equipped with connection couplings for the two cylinder chambers and the pump and tank port
- Nominal force levels: 16, 40, 63, 100 and 250 kN
- Mounting style: MF3 and MT4
- Nominal pressure: 280 bar
- Working stroke: 50 up to 200 mm
- Typical frequency: up to 50 Hz
- Velocity: 0,01 up to 2 m/s
- Acceleration: up to max. 50g
- Pressure independent friction
- Applications without lateral force
- Position measuring system with SSI output and 5μm resolution
- Cost-effective addition to the control cylinder range for highly dynamic applications in continuous casting machines
- Short delivery times due to a predefined modular concept
- Favorable controllability due to pressure independent constant friction
- Connection plate with integrated flange connections for P and T
- Additional functions can be optionally integrated by using sandwich plate designs