The intelligent PSI 6000 inverters have been specifically designed for spot, projection and resistance seam welding. The extensive control functions guarantee high process reliability. The PSI family offers a variety of additional functions for welding high-strength metals, aluminum and three-member joints.
The 1,000 Hz medium frequency/DC technology has proved its particular economic efficiency in many applications in contrast to other processes:
- Higher welding quality via more dynamic current control than for the AC system
- Weldability of many materials increased by more intensive energy supply
- Spatter reduced by decreased welding current and/or current time
- Electrode life lengthened thanks to lower thermal and mechanical load on the electrode caps
- Smaller and lighter transformers for integration in the electrode holders